Effective on January 1, 2020
Essentially, this privacy statement describes how Creative Safety Supply collects and uses the personal information people provide on our website: www.creativesafetysupply.com. In addition, this document will also identify the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information in order to process orders and to keep you informed about current promotions, shipping updates, etc. We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password
We also may collect the following information from you regarding your business:
- Information about your business such as company name, company size, business type
The information gathered will be used for the following purposes:
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Administer your account
- Send you a catalog
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
In addition, just like most other websites, we also automatically gather information about your computer including details such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
Billing information such as credit card number, and billing address and financial information such as bank or brokerage account numbers, types of investments are not stored by Creative Safety Supply. Instead, CSS employs Authorize.net to securely store this sensitive information. We cannot access or see your credit card number or financial information.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
A new European Union law, called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, as available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of Access - the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you
- Right to Rectification - the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to Erasure - the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to Restrict - the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data
- Right to Object -
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes
- Right to Data Portability - the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making - the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
A bill on data privacy was recently passed in the state of California which provides California consumers certain rights when visiting a website pertaining to the collection, use, and distribution of their personal information. Persons who qualify as a "California consumer" are those who qualify as a California resident under the state's tax law.
Under the CCPA, rights afforded to California consumers include:
- Requesting access to the personal information collected about them within the past 12 months
- Requesting this personal information to be deleted or changed
- Requesting additional knowledge on how personal information is collected, the business’s purpose behind collecting it, and the types of third parties that this information is sold to or shared with
- Requesting to opt-out of the sale of their personal information
- Exercising their CCPA rights without being discriminated against through quality of service, access to goods, pricing, or other means
- To verify the identity of the consumer, we will send an email containing a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to the email associated with the account. Upon receiving the PIN, the consumer must contact us to verify the PIN. Once the PIN is verified the consumer’s identity will be verified.
Additionally, you have the option to opt-out of receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Obtained from Third Parties
We purchase marketing data about our customers from third parties and combine it with information we already have about you, which helps us to create more tailored advertising and products recommendations to better meet your needs.
We take your personal information very seriously. While we will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement, we do not sell your personal information to third parties.
However, we may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Creative Safety Supply is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
How do we do this? We use another company to place cookies on your computer to collect non-personally identifiable information to help compile aggregated statistics for us about visitors who visit our website.
Our web pages contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics which help us to analyze how our site is used. These web beacons may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. We do not collect personal information about you with our web beacons, instead they simply allow us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our website. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used.
Links to Other Websites
Our website does include links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Creative Safety Supply. If you choose to submit personal information to any of these outside sites, the information you provide them is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
The security of your personal information is truly important to us. In order to make sure your information is safe, we follow all of the generally accepted industry standards, both during transmission of when you enter your information and once we actually receive it. While it is important to remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is always 100% secure, we try our best to make sure our customer’s information is protected. However, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at email@example.com
We provide our customers with two different options to make a purchase on our website. You can either use our order form or a third-party payment option. If you use our shopping cart, the transmission of sensitive information collected on our order form is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). If you choose to use a third-party payment option to pay for your order, its privacy statement and security practices will apply to your information. In order to make the most educated decision, we encourage you to read that privacy statement before providing your information.
Additional Policy Information
Our website also features publicly accessible blogs or community forums. These are interactive areas where customers can communicate with others as desired. Nonetheless, customers should be aware that any information provided in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We do periodically update our privacy statement to make it as current as possible and to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any substantial material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information related to our privacy practices.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email us at the address below:
Creative Safety Supply
8030 SW Nimbus Ave
Beaverton OR, 97008