Explore free safety and Lean manufacturing resources to get answers to your questions and expand your knowledge.
On this page you'll find shareable articles, infographics, guides, podcasts, and helpful Q&A topics to help you improve your workplace. Bring relevant content to your next safety meeting or toolbox talk.
Featured Guides Browse all guides
Safety & Lean Topics
Looking for information on a specific Safety or Lean topic? Check out these resource center hubs for articles, infographics, guides, blog posts and podcasts related to the topic in which you are interested.
Featured Articles Browse all articles
Safety and Compliance
Safety & Lean Questions and Answers Browse all questions and answers
- How can Barcoding Reduce Costs?
- How does warehouse automation work?
- How is barcoding used in inventory management?
- How much does a warehouse scanning solution cost?
- Is it expensive to implement a barcoding system?
- What are the advantages of a QR code over a barcode?
- 11 more Barcoding questions and answers
- Crane Safety
- Should cranes be labeled?
- What administrative controls improve crane safety?
- What engineering controls ensure safe crane operation?
- What signs are needed for overhead cranes?
- Are crane operators required to be trained and certified?
- Are fall arrest systems required for crane operations?
- 14 more Crane Safety questions and answers
- Electrical Safety
- What are Some Tips for Working with Power Cords?
- Does an Electrical Panel Need a Cover?
- How to Paint an Electrical Panel Cover?
- What are Distribution Boards?
- What are Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Labeling Requirements?
- What are the Minimum Clearance Requirements for Electrical Panels?
- 41 more Electrical Safety questions and answers
- Emergency Evacuation
- Are emergency evacuation drills required by OSHA?
- Are emergency evacuation maps required?
- What are emergency evacuation processes?
- What are exit routes?
- What are fire code egress requirements?
- What are OSHA requirements for emergency evacuation?
- 15 more Emergency Evacuation questions and answers
- Facility Efficiency
- How does workplace safety affect efficiency?
- What is the Theory of Constraints?
- How Can Efficiency be Measured in a Warehouse?
- How is Efficiency Sustainable in the Workplace Environment?
- How is Manufacturing Cycle Efficiency Found?
- How is the Variable Manufacturing Overhead Efficiency Variance Calculated?
- 10 more Facility Efficiency questions and answers
- Fire Safety
- Are flammable or combustible liquids hazardous to human health?
- How are flammable and combustible materials an explosion hazard?
- What are flammable and combustible liquids?
- What are flammable or explosive limits?
- What is an example of a fire hazard audit?
- What are some examples of fire protection measures?
- 29 more Fire Safety questions and answers
- Forklift Safety
- Are Forklift Operators Required to Wear a Seatbelt?
- How are Forklifts Safely Operated?
- How Can I Improve Forklift Safety in My Facility?
- How can Visual Communication Reduce Forklift Injury or Accident?
- How Often Should Operators Inspect Their Forklifts?
- What are the Most common Forklift Accidents?
- 17 more Forklift Safety questions and answers
- Are Hazcom and GHS the Same?
- Are there non-health-related hazards associated with corrosives?
- Can an MSDS be Too Old?
- Do Employers Have Responsibilities for MSDS?
- How are corrosives hazardous to human health?
- Is All of the Necessary Information Included on the MSDS?
- 39 more Hazcom questions and answers
- Do Hospitals Have to Follow OSHA Guidelines?
- How Can the Lean Improvement Cycle Improve Quality Issues in Healthcare?
- How Does OSHA Protect Healthcare Workers?
- How Often are Healthcare Facilities Required to Practice Their Emergency Preparedness Plan?
- In Healthcare, Why is Workplace Safety Important?
- What are Examples of Quality Improvement in Healthcare?
- 18 more Healthcare questions and answers
- Lockout Tagout
- Who is responsible for the lockout/tagout program?
- What does LOTO stand for?
- How does lockout/tagout improve safety?
- Is lockout/tagout required by OSHA?
- Is PPE required for lockout/tagout?
- What are machine-specific lockout/tagout procedures?
- 15 more Lockout Tagout questions and answers
- Rack Labeling
- What are bin location labels?
- What are some different rack labeling strategies?
- What are the benefits of implementing a warehouse rack labeling system?
- What are the best way to label warehouse racks?
- What are the differences between rack labels, bin labels, and shelf labels?
- What is a rack labeling system?
- 4 more Rack Labeling questions and answers
- Social Distancing
- Aside from cleaning, what can workplaces do to slow the spread of COVID-19?
- Can social distancing be enforced?
- Can social distancing be practiced in casinos?
- Can social distancing be practiced in gyms?
- Do employees need to wear face coverings or PPE to protect themselves during COVID-19?
- Do employers have a duty to prevent worker exposure to COVID-19 infection?
- 74 more Social Distancing questions and answers
- Spill Cleanup
- What does SPCC stand for?
- Does OSHA have spill kit requirements?
- How do I choose the right spill kit for my facility?
- How many times can a spill kit be used?
- What are different absorbents used for spill clean-up?
- What are different types of spill kits?
- 10 more Spill Cleanup questions and answers
- Valve Tag
- Are valve tags the same as pipe labeling?
- Do valve tags have words, numbers, or pictures on them?
- How do I start implementing valve tags?
- How many valves should I tag?
- How do valve tags improve workplace safety?
- How do valve tags work with a LOTO system?
- 13 more Valve Tag questions and answers
- Workplace Safety
- What are examples of a hazard?
- What are the safety concerns associated with working shifts?
- What is an adverse health effect?
- Will exposure to hazards in the workplace cause injury illness or other adverse health effects?
- Is Rotating Shiftwork Unhealthy?
- What are corrosive chemicals?
- 68 more Workplace Safety questions and answers
Featured Infographics Browse all infographics
Efficiency Tools Browse all tools
Answer three questions to get matched to the bundles that will best suit your application.
Assign a score for each part of your 5S program, as well as a median overall score.
Use this calculator to compare your company’s safety performance against a national or state average.
Creative Safety Supply Blog Visit blog
Safety Experts Talk Podcast Interviews with leaders in the fields of safety, Lean & 5S, regulations & compliance, EH&S and more.
12-40 minute episodes
Talk with an expert.