Shadow Board Tape Shadow board tape is also called tool outline vinyl. It is used on a shadow board to create a tool outline, or shadow. The tool shadow is made from tracing a specific tool on the sheet of adhesive shadow tape and then creating a cutout of the traced shape. This tool organizer product makes it easy to identify missing tools and helps people efficiently recognize where an individual tool should be placed during cleanup. This product can be used in a cabinet, drawer, toolbox, on a pegboard (where tools are hung from pegboard hooks), or other places where tool organization is important. Shadow board tape can be used for tool, equipment, or supply storage
- 15" width x 15' long
- Durable, engineering-quality vinyl
- Multiple colors available Shadow boarding allows your employees to quickly identify which tools are available and where they are located, which in turn reduces the time lost searching for tools. Our board tape can be utilized to make a 5s shadow board and is available in a variety of colors to help match your workplace color schemes and/or pertinent safety standard requirements. Our adhesive shadow vinyl comes in yellow, white, black, red, green, orange, blue, grey, purple, and pink. How to Use Shadow Board Tape Create a shadow board in four simple steps to increase tool organization:
- Roll out the shadow board tape with the white backside facing up. Lay all your tools out onto the white backing in an organized way that makes sense for your business. For instance, if you would like to keep all the hammers in one area, design for that. Leave a minimum of a inch to 1-inch clearance between each tool tracing. (Note: The layout you make on the back of the tape is the reverse layout of what it will look like from the front of the tape. Accommodate for this by tracing the tool in a reversed position from what you want as a finished product.)
- Take a pencil or marker and trace the tools or items onto the white backing. Trace all the tools before moving onto the next step.
- Use a utility pen knife to cut out the traced shapes.
- Peel the white backing off and stick the vinyl to your tool pegboard, or other tool surface, just behind where the tool sits.