Visual communication is necessary in any fast-moving, loud environment and investing in a facility marketing strategy is a critical element to your workplace meeting compliance, your workers staying safe, and your business operating efficiently.
So, what does a comprehensive facility marking strategy include?
- Floor Markings: Don’t overlook the floors! Although often unutilized, warehouse floors are a great area to stick floor safety signs or lay down floor tape for organization. Floor markings can make open spaces easier to navigate, alert individuals to hazards, direct traffic, or outline storage areas.
- Signs: Informational and safety signs have been around for thousands of years, and they’re still just as important to have in your facility; use OSHA-compliant signs to communicate safety precautions and protocol.
- Labels: A facility marking system is incomplete without pipe marking labels, equipment labels, asset tags, arc flash labels, etc. Labels cost less than five dollars, but can make dramatic improvements to workplace organization, productivity, compliance, and overall safety.
Floor marking, signs, and labels come together to create a larger visual communication system, and with the right visual cues in place, your workers will stay alert and informed. You will want to find a balance with the different facility marking supplies available, making sure to use cues to reinforce information while not cluttering the space with too many signs and labels.
At Creative Safety Supply, we strive to help companies create the visual systems they need to keep their employees safe and their spaces compliant – all while keeping Lean. Below you will find our best resources on how to best create and maintain a facility marking system. As the Leaders in Visual Safety™, we can help you select the visual tools you need to stay safe and efficient.
- Need specific facility markings? Build your own custom safety signs, floor signs, banners, labels, and more.
- Want to learn more about labels? Explore our labeling resources.
- Have a question about facility marking? Browse our facility marking Q&A hub.
- Ready to get started? Shop our selection of industrial label printers.
Facility Marking Articles
Quality, Health, Safety, Environment (QHSE) management systems help businesses achieve three main objectives: enhanced quality, worker safety, and environmental sustainability. …
ANSI TIA 606-B Cable Labeling Standards are a unified labeling method for the wires used in computer systems. These standards help businesses record data and keep their IT environments organized. Get to know these standards; they’ll help your business run more efficiently. …