Asset tagging is an effective solution for organizations to keep track of items of value owned by the company. From tools to computers, it’s important to tag these items to avoid misplacement, loss, and theft. By labeling each item with a unique asset tag, you can accurately monitor assets being circulated within different departments or across different locations.
There are two popular options for asset tags:
- Asset Tag Labels: The most common way to tag tools and equipment is with a label. Printed with a unique barcode, you can find these labels in materials that are permanent, temporary, and even magnetic.
- Asset Tag Ties: In areas where labels cannot be affixed, you can make asset tag ties attached to zip ties. Additionally, you can print an asset tag label to place on an asset tag tie to
Asset tags are typically printed with a unique barcode so employees using a barcode reader can scan the tag to quickly find and document information about the asset’s location, its maintenance history, and other important data. If your company is renting equipment or has assets brought in from a customer, it may be necessary to track these items using customer asset labels.
Our free barcode generator allows you to create custom barcodes readable with any scanner.
Using this kind of system ensures accuracy and can even simplify recordkeeping for accounting and tax purposes, reducing administrative overhead costs. Asset tags can also be used to meet audit requirements or compliance demands from government agencies and in the event of an accident or disaster, an effective asset tagging system will be a major help in filing insurance claims.
Want to start creating your own asset tags? Check out our free barcode generator to make custom barcodes readable with any scanner!
- What is RFID asset tracking?
- How can Barcoding Reduce Costs?
- How much does a warehouse scanning solution cost?
- How is barcoding used in inventory management?
- What can barcoding be used for?
- What are the benefits of using barcodes?
- What is the best way to generate and print barcodes?
- Is it expensive to implement a barcoding system?
- How do barcodes work?