The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is a government agency that oversees standards in the workplace to assure, as the name implies, the safety and health of workers all across America. Under the OSH Act, employers have the responsibility to provide a safe workplace and employees have the right to working conditions that do not pose a risk of serious harm. Under these conditions, employers must inform workers about present hazards, provide safety training, provide PPE, and adhere to all OSHA standards. Whether it’s in a general manufacturing workplace or a construction site, it is important to understand the standards and regulations put in place for the industry. OSHA often conducts inspections and if your facility isn’t in compliance, you could face some hefty fines.
In this Q&A section we explore the different requirements set forth by OSHA, the ways OSHA can affect your business, and how to ensure your facility can stay in compliance. Learn what an OSHA card is and how to obtain one and how to prepare for an OSHA inspection. We look at training workers according to OSHA requirements, the records your workplace will need to have on hand, and so much more!
OSHA Questions and Answers
- Are OSHA inspections random?
- Are OSHA regulations considered the law?
- Can OSHA eliminate hazards in the workplace?
- How are OSHA cards obtained? | Creative Safety Supply
- How are violations reported to OSHA?
- How does OSHA affect a business?
- How does OSHA conduct inspections?
- How does OSHA work?
- What OSHA posters are required?
- What OSHA training is required?
- What are OSHA's requirements when it comes to PPE?
- What does HAZWOPER stand for?
- What does OSHA stand for?
- What does it mean to be OSHA compliant?
- What happens if you violate an OSHA standard?
- What is HAZWOPER?
- What is OSHA's General Duty Clause?
- What is an OSHA card?
- What records does OSHA require an employer to have on hand?
- When was OSHA developed?
- Who is OSHA meant to protect?
- Why is OSHA such an important association?