Workplace health and safety is both the moral and legal responsibility of most employers. Whether you’re working in an office or in a manufacturing warehouse, any type of workplace has its share of hazards. It is important for employers to thoroughly assess and effectively address each issue. This means performing a job safety analysis, providing education and training for your employees, supply appropriate PPE at no cost to the worker, removing or controls hazards, and cultivating a culture of safety.
Countries and institutions research, regulate, and standardize the workplaces all over the world to keep those earning a paycheck safe and healthy. Most companies find when safety is put first, there is an improvement in employee morale, and even productivity.
Covering a number of international topics with a focus on OSHA’s role in workplace safety, we invite you to explore the most commonly asked questions related to occupational health and safety; it could save your workplace!
As you browse through our list of different topics, you will see that there are answers to lots of different types of questions related to workplace safety. You can learn about things such as:
- Regulations and Enforcement – Explore how regulations are enforced and the organizations behind the development of standards.
- Personal Protection Equipment for Workplace Safety – Personal protection equipment, or PPE, is an important safety consideration for any workplace.
- Workplace Safety Training – We will look at different ways you can improve the safety in your facility and the kind of training needed for employees.
- Visual Communication Advantages – Implementing visual safety standards like floor markings, labels, and signs can help to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Much More – There are many other subjects covered in this Q&A segment focused on workplace safety.