If you are looking to improve your manufacturing process, the Kanban system is an excellent option to consider. Kanban originates from the beginnings of the Toyota Production System (TPS) as a highly efficient scheduling tool for manufacturers. Kanban is a production system that helps facilities reduce the need for excess inventory, while still ensuring that supplies are where they need to be when they are needed.
Kanban has four main goals that establish the base of this Lean method. These are:
- Beginning with what is already in place
- Pursuing incremental change
- Logical changes are made rather than changing the current process entirely
- Encouragement of leadership on all levels
Use this Q&A section to brush up on everything related to Kanban. Some of the things that will be discussed include:
- Waste elimination: Kanban utilizes a number of tools that help with waste reduction in a facility. You will find subjects such as the pull strategy and just in time production that have both sculpted Kanban into what it is today.
- Kanban principles: The principles of this method include continuous improvement, visualizing workflow, limiting WIP, and focusing on flow. We will describe these concepts in depth and why they are at the forefront of a Kanban system.
- Who uses Kanban: We will go over who uses this Lean tool as well! Anyone can use Kanban as a part of continuous improvement in their facility. However, there are some types of industry that use it far more than others.
Take some time to browse through this Q&A section to get answers for the most common questions about this Lean method so you can learn exactly what Kanban is, how it works, and why it is such a popular option today. You’ll also be introduced to the many Kanban tools and supplies that are offered by Creative Safety Supply to help you get started.
Kanban Questions and Answers
- How can I use Kanban in project management?
- How can Kanban help with cutting down waste?
- How do I implement Kanban?
- How does Kanban affect lead time?
- How does Kanban affect mass production?
- How does a Kanban system operate?
- How does the Kanban system help manage workflow?
- How is Kanban different from SCRUM?
- How is Kanban used in production control?
- Is Kanban part of Lean manufacturing?
- What are Kanban bins?
- What are Kanban cards and how do they work?
- What are the principles of Kanban?
- What is Kanban?
- What is a Kanban board?
- What is e-Kanban?
- When does Kanban fail?
- Where can Kanban be applied?
- Where can Kanban be used?
- Who developed Kanban?
- Who uses the Kanban system?