Kaizen is a methodology and philosophy that originated from Japan and has been successfully used in workplaces around the world for decades. The methodology is at the core of both the Toyota Production System and Lean manufacturing as it spurs continuously identifying areas of improvement while involving front line workers all the way up to the CEO. The practice of Kaizen focuses on small incremental changes that can be made relatively quickly and eventually leads to large and noticeable improvements over time.
Kaizen works with teamwork and communication at the forefront of its strategy to eliminate wastes and deliver high quality products while continuously looking for process improvement. Some of the topics included in this Q&A section are:
- Principles and tools: Kaizen is associated with numerous tools that can be used to improve workplace safety by working to eliminate the eight wastes of Lean. Some of these include Gemba, value stream mapping, and the PDCA cycle.
- Eliminating waste: The eight wastes of Lean include defects, overproduction, waiting, excess processing, inventory, transportation, motion, and un-utilized talent. Various strategies on eliminating those wastes will be covered.
- The history of Kaizen: Kaizen is the foundation of Lean manufacturing, learn how it came to be and how the two are related.
Whether you want to practice daily Kaizen or set up a series of Kaizen events, we’re here to help with these free resources!
Kaizen Questions and Answers
- How are Kaizen events run?
- How are Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen related?
- How can Kaizen be implemented?
- How does Kaizen Training improve Workforce Development?
- How does Kaizen improve productivity?
- How does Kaizen reduce cost?
- How does Kaizen reduce waste?
- How does Kaizen use Gemba?
- How does Kaizen work?
- Is Kaizen the same as Lean?
- Is there a difference between Kaizen and continuous improvement?
- What are Kaizen Events about?
- What are Kaizen Reports?
- What are Kaizen events?
- What are Kaizen principles?
- What are Kaizen techniques and tools I can use?
- What are quality circles?
- What companies use Kaizen?
- What does Kaizen Management look like?
- What does Kaizen mean?
- What does PDCA mean?
- What does the Kaizen Process look like?
- What is Kaizen Continuous Improvement?
- What is Kaizen?
- What is PDCA?
- What is the Difference Between Kaizen Events and Rapid Improvement Events?
- What is the Kaizen method?
- What is the difference between 5S and Kaizen?
- When should Kaizen be used?
- Where can Kaizen be implemented?
- Where did Kaizen come from?
- Who created Kaizen?