Visual communication is an important part of any workplace, especially when it comes to keeping workers safe. A workplace safety program is often incomplete without safety signs. Safety signs can come in the form of wall signs, floor signs, temporary signs, magnetic signs, labels, and anything in between. These signs can be color coded to communicate levels of dangers, they can be wayfinding signs for forklift operators, they can feature safety symbols and hazard symbols, and much, much more. In order to be effective and make an impact on a workplace, these signs will need to be clear, easy to read and understand, and placed in prominent and conspicuous places.
In this section of Q&A, we answer what employers and facility managers need to know about safety signs. We explore the signs you may need for construction sites, different uses for floor signs, and what it means to be compliant with OSHA and ANSI standards. You can learn what makes a bad safety sign and what different colored safety signs mean. Ensure your workers are safe with a safety visual communication and find the perfect signs for your facility!
Safety Signs Questions and Answers
- Are safety signs just for the wall?
- How can I create my own safety signs?
- How can facilities get signs made?
- How high does a fire extinguisher sign need to be?
- How high should ADA signs be posted?
- What are 'Safety Zone' signs?
- What are different materials of safety signs?
- What are different road or traffic control safety signs?
- What are different types of construction safety signs?
- What are examples of fire safety signs?
- What are other forms of visual communication to use alongside safety signs?
- What are types of signs in the workplace?
- What can I use floor signs for?
- What color is a yield sign?
- What do black and white traffic signs mean?
- What do different colors of safety signs mean?
- What do different hazard symbols on safety signs mean?
- What does caution mean?
- What does it mean to have OSHA/ANSI compliant signs?
- What is a yield sign?
- What should I avoid in a safety sign?
- Where are safety signs needed?
- Why are safety signs important?