Take a Gemba walk, a successful tool of Lean manufacturing, around your facility to understand different processes in manufacturing. Learn how to take a Gemba walk and use that information to improve processes and eliminate waste with our guides, videos and more!
The 8 Wastes of Lean is a much-needed update to the what the Toyota Production System called the 7 Wastes of Lean. Fighting these wastes head on will help your facility run more smoothly and efficiently. …
5S, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Kanban, Facility Efficiency, Gemba, Six Sigma
Supply chain integration refers to the process of integrating all parts of fulfillment into one single system. Learn the steps to get your supply chain integrated into an easy-to-manage system. …
5S, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Kanban, Floor Marking, Safety Signs, Facility Efficiency, Gemba, Six Sigma
Thermal printers are essential to printing in an industrial setting. Learn about the two types of thermal printing to determine which one suits your facility’s needs. …
5S, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Kanban, GHS, Arc Flash, Pipe Marking, Electrical Safety, Safety Signs, OSHA, NFPA, Wire Marking, Labeling, Workplace Safety, Facility Efficiency, Mining Safety, Gemba, Hazcom, Fire Safety, Safety, Six Sigma
Gemba Blog Posts
- What is Yokoten & Why Don’t Most Companies Use it?
- Kaizen – 3 ‘G’ Principles
- Genchi Genbutsu
- Gemba in the Office
- Gemba Walk for Shipping and Receiving
- Gemba Walk for Manufacturing
- Safety Walk – Gemba Style
- Lean Efforts - To What Extent Should We Quantify?
- 8 Great Ways to Eliminate the Gemba 7 Wastes
- Introduction to the Gemba Walk
- Does Lean Mean "Easy and Simple"?
- Letting Others Solve Their Problems Is a Show of Respect
- Proof in the Pudding : Lean Can be a Great Risk Worth Taking
Safety programs work best by consulting workers. EHS expert Lori Siegelman of W&M Environmental tells how to involve employees to build safety programs. Lori says a worker doing a task is …
GHS, Safety Signs, OSHA, PPE, Labeling, Workplace Safety, Regulations & Compliance, Gemba, Hazcom, Safety