DC Arc Flash Hazard Calculator Software
This arc flash calculator from ArcAdvisor has been created to assist in assessing arc incident energy and arc flash boundary. The DCAFA v.3.0 program simplifies determining limited, restricted, and prohibited approach boundaries and hazard risk category in DC power systems when work is to be performed on or near the energized equipment.
This software performs the analysis based on a DC power system voltage, available short circuit current and time constant values, equipment configuration, working distance, fixed or variable gap between conductors, and protective device time-current characteristics. DCAFA v3.0 will also assist you in selection of proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and creation of arc flash & shock hazard warning labels. DCAFA V3.0 is applicable for systems with voltages in the range of 50 to 30,000VDC, short circuit fault currents from 100A to 20kA, circuit time constants from 0 to 50msec, conductor gaps from 1mm. up to the lesser of 300mm. and the maximum value where the arc can likely be sustained under the specified system voltage, available short circuit current and circuit time constant.
- Detailed arc flash analysis using DC arc transient state model and its generalized solution.
- Find clearing time of a fuse under DC arcing current conditions when the only available data is the AC time-current curve.
- Evaluate Threshold Incident Energy for Second Degree Burns.
- Instantly determine arcing current, incident energy, arc flash, shock protection boundaries, hazard level, typical clothing system.
- Add fuse data including time-current characteristics for the devices that are not already featured in the built-in protection device library.
- Perform arc flash boundary calculations based on 1.2 cal/cm^2 (5 Joules/cm^2) onset energy to second degree burn for bare skin exposure per IEEE 1584 Guide and other incident energy levels as well, such as the rating of proposed personal protective equipment, or evaluated onset to second degree burn energy.
- Design power systems that are in compliance with NEC 110.16, OSHA, NFPA 70E, and CSA Z462 standards and regulations.
- Preview, save arc flash labels in high resolution graphic format.
- Save input configuration, protection device information.
- Perform analysis using metric, imperial units.
- Save calculation results including equipment data.
The DC arc transient state model was chosen for arc flash analysis due to the model's capability to accurately account for a wide variety of setup parameters including:
- system voltage 50 to 30,000V
- short circuit fault current 100A to 20kA
- circuit time constant 0 to 50msec
- fixed or variable gap between conductors
Software System Requirements:
DCAFA v3.0 was written in C# programming language, best viewed as a descendant of both C++ and Java languages. The language was developed by Microsoft within its .NET initiative and later approved as a standard by ECMA (ECMA-334) and ISO (ISO/IEC 23270:2006).
DCAFA v3.0 requires Microsoft .NET Framework Version 3.5 or higher to run.
SOFTWARE POLICY: Creative Safety Supply makes every effort to offer highly-compatible software. We understand that sometimes software doesn’t want to work correctly for all computers. Creative Safety Supply will gladly refund the purchase price for any software title within the first 30 days of use if it is incompatible or does not meet your needs.
Please note: Software that is returned for refund must be deactivated and uninstalled from any computer it was installed on. Continued use after return is considered piracy and is subject to federal penalty.
Send me information about DC Arc Flash Hazard Calculator Software
Get more information about this product and one of our sales representatives will be in touch with you shortly!
Just one more step...
At Creative Safety Supply, we guarantee the quality of our products. If you̥re unsatisfied with your purchase, you can return new, unopened items within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. That way you can feel confident the products you order will meet your expectations, or you'll get your money back.
For full warranty information, please visit our warranties page.