Lean manufacturing is more than a collection strategies, it’s a way of thinking. By implementing systems like Kaizen, 5S, Gemba, and more, you can create a more efficient and productive workplace. All of our Lean resources have been gathered here to get you started on the Lean path.
Lean Manufacturing Articles
The 8 Wastes of Lean is a much-needed update to the what the Toyota Production System called the 7 Wastes of Lean. Fighting these wastes head on will help your facility run more smoothly and efficiently. …
5S, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Kanban, Facility Efficiency, Gemba, Six Sigma
Supply chain integration refers to the process of integrating all parts of fulfillment into one single system. Learn the steps to get your supply chain integrated into an easy-to-manage system. …
5S, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Kanban, Floor Marking, Safety Signs, Facility Efficiency, Gemba, Six Sigma
Thermal printers are essential to printing in an industrial setting. Learn about the two types of thermal printing to determine which one suits your facility’s needs. …
5S, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Kanban, GHS, Arc Flash, Pipe Marking, Electrical Safety, Safety Signs, OSHA, NFPA, Wire Marking, Labeling, Workplace Safety, Facility Efficiency, Mining Safety, Gemba, Hazcom, Fire Safety, Safety, Six Sigma
OSHA doesn’t offer much guidance on how floor markings should be installed, so we’ve compiled some helpful tips and best practices to ensure your markings are useful, straightforward, and helpful to everyone in your facility. …
Lean Manufacturing, Floor Marking, Forklift Safety, Safety
The 8 Disciplines (often seen as the acronym “8D") is a problem-solving method initially developed by the Ford Motor Company to resolve a wide variety of problems in any professional environment. Find out how the 8D method can benefit your workplace. …
Lean Manufacturing, Tool Organization, Facility Efficiency
Statistical Process Control also known as SPC, is a term used in quality control. Find out how you can use this continuous improvement method. …
5S, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Kanban, Facility Efficiency
Facilities that focus on continuous improvement become more competitive over time and can maintain their advantages in their industry, but only if the improvement efforts are done correctly. …
5S, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Kanban, Facility Efficiency, Six Sigma
Process Cycle Efficiency is a metric commonly used by those following Lean and/or Six Sigma principals. It is calculated by taking value-added time and dividing it by lead time. The answer is a percentage, and the goal is to be as close to 100% as possible. …
Lean Manufacturing, Facility Efficiency
The terms value-added and non-value-added are often used when evaluating changes in products, workflow production and process improvement. Categorizing activities will help identify what activities should be maintained and which ones should be adjusted or eliminated. …
Lean Manufacturing, Facility Efficiency
Lean Manufacturing Infographics
Put down that label catalog. There’s a better way to get workplace labels. Find out why ordering individual labels for safety, compliance, and organization isn’t the best option and why printing …
Lean Manufacturing, Floor Marking, Safety Signs, Labeling, Workplace Safety, Hazcom, Safety
Visual communication promotes safety & efficiency Industrial label printers serve many functions in the workplace. Businesses use them to print safety labels, organizational labels for 5S or Lean, barcodes, inventory labels, …
Lean Manufacturing, Pipe Marking, Electrical Safety, Safety Signs, OSHA, Labeling, Workplace Safety, Facility Efficiency, Hazcom, Safety
Lean Manufacturing Blog Posts
- How to Start Lean and "What's Wrong With the Lean Start-up Process"
- Kaizen for the Workplace and Personal Spaces
- Safety and Lean Resources
- Can Your Office Benefit from Lean Strategies?
- Classic Vs. Modern Definition of Root Cause | Which is Better?
- Heijunka Box
- Genchi Genbutsu
- 5 Tips to Improve the Elimination of Waste
- Lean Manufacturing: Commonly Asked Questions
- How to Establish the Lean Supply Chain
- Kanban System Basics for Manufacturing
- Gemba Walk for Manufacturing
- Understanding Key Lean Manufacturing Concepts
- Seven Simple & Effective Manufacturing Safety Tips
- Kanban Process - Understanding the Steps for Better Efficiency
- 5S - For Life & For Business
- Lead Time Reduction In Five Easy Steps
- Lean is Green
- Eliminating Waste using these 5 Steps
- Increasing Warehouse Productivity
- Visual Control Boards
- 5S Red Tags – The Correct Way to Use A Simple Lean Tool
- Internet Usage – Does it Hurt Employee Productivity?
- 3 Ways To Use a Staging Area In Your Business
- Five Steps to Starting LEAN Successfully
- Panda Express - The Relationship Between Speed and Quality In Business
- Three Ways To Cut Non-Value Adding Processes From Your Business
- Why A Scorecard Is Not A Dashboard
- 8 LEAN Tools You Should Already Be Using
- 5s Supplies Improve Safety and Organization in Auto Repair Shops
- Business Performance Measurement Methods & Their Effectiveness
- How Safety & Lean Go Hand In Hand
- Kaizen Event Reduces Transport Waste & Optimizes Efficiency
- 6 Ways Lean IT Can Help Enterprises
- Chaku Chaku & Other Lean Terms You Should Know
- Yokoten: From In Theory to Implanted
- Temporary Consequences of Making the Change to Lean Manufacturing
- On the Constraints of Bottlenecks
- Changeover: Streamlining Your Business
- Examples of the 5 Whys
- The JIT System
- Re-Inventing the Wheel – Do It Just This Once
- Shojinka: The Secret Ingredient of Highly Effective Production
- Improving Workplace Efficiency: One Lean Step at a Time
- Lean Takes Time
- Employee Involvement: It can Make or Break LEAN
- Lean Eliminates Waste, Not People
- What is Poka Yoke?
- Packaging Waste: Large Box Use Out of Hand?
- Overproduction is Overrated
- Talking Kaizen and Lean with Mark Hamel
- Workplace Safety: The Power of Praise
- TIMWOOD at Work!
- Going Lean: Five Common Misunderstandings
- NASA Embraces Technology through Continuous Improvement
- Can Data Collection Streamline Operations?
- Made in the USA – Reshoring with the Help of Lean
- Continuous Improvement: Mail Delivery of the Future?
- Want Results? 10 Continuous Improvement Strategies that Work!
- Improvement Comes from People Who Feel Secure
- Understanding True Alignment
- The Benefits of Lean Management
- How Does Flow Minimize Waste in Production
- Small Changes Add Up!
- 5S Factory
- Lean: Is Forecasting Feasible?
- Improvement: Make a Win-Win Situation for Both the Business and it's Employees
- Decision-Making: Is Quicker Always Better?
- The Importance and Value of Mistake Proofing
- Lean Metrics + Process Improvement = Success
- New Product Development: Potential Pitfalls
- Quality Begins with the Design and Process
- Value Stream Mapping
- Going Lean: IKEA style
- Motorola’s Six Sigma Program
- CpK Defined
- Internal Quality Auditing
- Using Quality Objectives to Drive Strategic Performance Improvement
- Performance Measurement in Health Care
- Verification vs. Validation
- Using Excel for Data Analysis
- Non-Normal Distributions in the Real World
- Disney Institute - Service Quality, Disney Style
- Self-Directed Work Teams
- Measuring and Managing Customer Satisfaction
- Definition of Quality
- Lean Posters
- Red Tags
- The Concept of Muri, Muda and Mura
- Important Information Regarding Foam Inserts
- A Lean Journey: Annual Management Improvement Carnival 2012
- Organization Transformation through Lean Manufacturing
- Keurig Coffee Makers Make Things Faster, Easier, But More Waste
- Lean Supply Chain
- Where is the Lean Manufacturing Case Study?
- How to introduce 5s concept in the work environment?
- Lean Supplies Chain Management for Companies
- With Election Over, Will Manufacturing Rebound?
- Lean Manufacturing Can Enforce Safety Standards
- What is the Future of U.S. Manufacturing?
- Who Is Interested in Lean Manufacturing?
- Lean Manufacturing Across the U.S.: From Salt Lake to Toledo
- Trashing the Top 5 Myths About Lean Manufacturing
- What is Lean Manufacturing? Watch this Cartoon
- Trying to Implement Lean Manufacturing? Educate Yourself First.
- Lean Book Reviews: How to Implement Lean Manufacturing
- Lean Manufacturing Just In Time : The Ultimate Inventory System
- A3 for Lean Implementation
- Henry Ford and Steve Jobs : A Comparison Between Two Titans of Industry
- Lean Manufacturing Ideas : Know What Is Worth Your Time
- Six Sigma Manufacturing : Waste Reduction and Process Enhancements
- Risk Management Webinar from EtQ on October 10, 2012
- Comparing the First 2012 Presidential Debate with Lean Leadership
- Lean Manufacturing Training : Key to Many Opportunities
- Project Management Best Practices Are Not Set In Stone
- Caine's Arcade : An Example of Lean?
- Lean Manufacturing : Value Stream Mapping Overview
- What's Your Problem? Now, Go Solve It!
- An Overview on Kanban Systems
- Which Way to Turn on the Lean Road?
- One Piece Flow Manufacturing and Production Video
- Manufacturing Reports: China is Taking U.S. Jobs
- Training to Use 8D Problem-Solving Tactics
- Practicing Lean Manufacturing to Optimize Resource Utilization
- Lean Manufacturing for the Monkeys?
- Is Lean Too Elitist?
- What's In It For YOU To Go Lean?
- See Manufacturing in action across the U.S. October 5, 2012.
- Respect for People and Continuous Improvement = Lean
- 3 Tips to Help Develop a Strong Lean Culture in Your Workplace
- Foam Tool Organizer and Its Accountability in the Work Place
- Get Lean with Pizza?
- 3P Lean : Exploring the Production Preparation Process
- Active Lean Implementation at GE Manufacturing Plant
- Change Your Ways To Success
- Always Good News : U.S. Industrial Output Rises .6% in July
- Ford Trying to Put More Americans Back to Work
- Leaders Lead! 3 Tips to Improve Your Leadership Abilities
- SAIC Poised to Lay Off Nearly 200 Employees in Florida
- In Leaner Times, Indian Apparel Companies Resort To Lean Manufacturing
- Sure, China's Manufacturing Grasp May Be Slipping, But What About the United States?
- Selling Old-Timers on Lean in Not-So-Lean Times
- American Manufacturing: Even the Olympic Team USA Uniforms Were Outsourced
- 10 Tips You Should Remember when Solving Problems
- Can An Autonomous Environment Truly Exist Successfully?
- Someone Started Everything for You?
- Lean Doesn't Work for Everything : Process Layout vs Cellular Layouts
- Does the kanban system promote efficiency or errors?
- Kaizen Events, How vital is it to Lean manufacturing
- Lean Misconceptions
- When Strict Rules Don’t Work in Lean Manufacturing
- Happy Independence Day
Lean Manufacturing Guides
Lean Manufacturing Products
Lean Manufacturing Podcasts
Owners and managers—the bosses—don’t often like change. Try “continuous improvement” to improve safety and efficiency. Start with no budget, in a small area to prove it and catch their attention. First, …
5S, Lean Manufacturing, Workplace Safety, Facility Efficiency, Safety
Lean safety is the result of implementing “lean” methodology. Lean makes businesses less wasteful, more efficient and more profitable. An efficient workplace is a safer workplace. Simultaneous increases in efficiency and …
5S, Lean Manufacturing, Floor Marking, Safety Signs, Workplace Safety, Facility Efficiency, Safety
Hazard labels give critical information. Labels are the glue that hold the whole safety system together. From manufacturing to office settings, proper labeling of hazards is important for employee safety, and …
5S, Lean Manufacturing, GHS, Pipe Marking, PPE, Labeling, Workplace Safety, Facility Efficiency, Hazcom, Safety
Industrial labels are cheaper to make in-house. And quicker. For a manufacturing, in a warehouse, or almost any work site, consider buying a quality industrial label printer. Think about about all …
5S, Lean Manufacturing, GHS, Arc Flash, Pipe Marking, Electrical Safety, Safety Signs, Labeling, Workplace Safety, Regulations & Compliance, Facility Efficiency, Safety