Lean Six Sigma is a very popular topic in businesses around the world today. It gets so much attention, some people assume it is just a ‘buzz word’ that is popular at the moment but will fade out over time. The reality, however, is that the Six Sigma strategies have been around for quite some time and continue to grow in popularity as more and more people see how effective it can be. Understanding why lean Six Sigma is important is the first step in determining if it is right for you or your business.
Benefits of Lean Six Sigma
Lean Six Sigma has been successfully incorporated into just about every type of business out there, with great effect. The following are some of the most important advantages to this system:
- Profitability – Companies that have Six Sigma certified employees tend to be more profitable.
- Customer Perks – The Lean Six Sigma standards help to improve the products that are made, which directly benefits the customers.
- Efficiency – By using Lean Six Sigma strategies a company can eliminate a lot of waste and improve the overall efficiency of a facility.
- Standardized – Six Sigma has a standardized structure to it. Beyond this initial structure, however, it can also be tailored to meet the needs of a specific situation.
Lean Six Sigma for Individuals
Most people start looking into Lean Six Sigma certifications because their company is working on implementing these strategies. Individuals can also begin moving down the Six Sigma path to enjoy the many benefits. Individuals who are Lean Six Sigma certified will have a better chance at getting hired by companies, including companies that don’t already use Six Sigma strategies. This is because the Six Sigma concept is so widely recognized and respected that companies know that those with these certifications will perform well.
- What is the history of Six Sigma?
- Is Six Sigma just a fad?
- Is Six Sigma worth it?
- What companies use Six Sigma?
- What is the main goal of implementing Six Sigma?
- How can Six Sigma help a company?
- Is a Six Sigma certification worth it?
- What are the benefits of Six Sigma?
- How can employees become Six Sigma certified?