Organizing cables in the workplace is an important part of any effort toward improving safety, eliminating clutter, and generally benefiting the way things are run. There are many different types of cables that exist in most workplaces, including power wires, computer cables, and more. Finding the right way to organize all of these different types of cables will help to ensure everything is done properly to avoid potential problems. The following are some proven tips on how to organize cables in the workplace.
- Bundle Cables Together: Whenever there is an area with multiple cables coming in or going out of it, you will want to bundle the cables together. This is often done using zip ties or Velcro straps. Bundling multiple cables together makes them more visible to those who are in the area, and also helps to keep them better protected. Once the cables are strapped together, they can be run to whatever location they are going without any trouble.
- Use Proper Wire Marking Strategies: Marking each wire or cable using a label maker or other tools is another way to help ensure everything is organized correctly. Wires often run long distances throughout the facility. If there is a potential problem with one or more of the cables, it is important to be able to identify which one is which very quickly. Having the wires labeled on each end is a great place to start. In many cases, it is also a good idea to place some wire markings at various points along the middle as well.
- Take Advantage of Cable Organization Equipment: There are many different types of cable organization equipment on the market today. For example, you can purchase plastic tubing that you can run cables through to keep it in place and protected. There are also options that allow you to run each cable through a different port so they are separated and run neatly in one area. Look closely at the different areas where you need your cables organized, and find the right types of cable organizers to accomplish your specific goals.
These are just a few of the many ways that you can organize cables effectively in the workplace. With a little bit of extra planning and effort up front, you will be able to keep everything right where you need it at all times.
- How can wires be organized in a drawer?
- How can cables be organized for storage?
- What are wire marking standards?
- What workplaces require wire marking?
- What are wire color codes?
- What does the red stripe on a ribbon cable indicate?
- How do wire color codes improve safety?
- What are the training procedures for wire marking?