Ready to improve safety and organization? Get started with this easy-to-use floor marking calculator.
For best results, determine the area you want to be marked with industrial floor tape, count the number of storage items (pallets and trash cans), and take stock of safety equipment (electrical panels, AED machines, etc).
Simply plug in these values and to generate a full list of recommend floor marking supplies and floor signs for your workplace. If you have any questions, please call one of our experts at 1-866-777-1360.
Recommended products will appear here
Floor Marking Best Practices
When floor markings are utilized properly, they can benefit people at every level of a company. Following industry best practices can make implementing a floor marking strategy a much smoother process. Some of these include:
- Pallets: Use green SafetyTac corners for completed work, blue corners for work in progress, and red corners for rejected for defective inventory.
- Electrical Panels: Use a combination of hazard-striped floor marking tape and floor signs to effectively keep the area clear.
- Fire Extinguishers: Make sure fire extinguishers are easy to find by installing floor signs with directional arrows.
- Stop Signs: Implement traffic control floor signs, like red stop signs, to manage forklift and pedestrian traffic. Wherever stop signs are placed, consider adding crosswalks.
- AED Machines: Install floor signs with arrows alongside AED wall signs to ensure employees can easily locate an AED in the critical moments following cardiac arrest.
- Eye Wash Stations: Mark the areas surrounding eye wash stations with green signs and tape to keep them clear and easy to find.
- Trash Cans: Use placement floor signs to establish permanent homes for trash cans and recycling bins, employees will know where to return them to every time.
If you’re unsure about what kind of floor marking tape is right for your facility, answer a few questions using our Floor Tipe Finder to get matched with the floor tape that will best suit your application.
Lean & Safety Infographics: View all
Safety Experts Talk Podcast Interviews with leaders in the fields of safety, Lean & 5S, regulations & compliance, EH&S and more.
12-40 minute episodes
Talk with an expert.