Everyone knows that workplace safety is extremely important. Unsafe working environments are far less profitable in most cases, and can even be shut down by OSHA or other agencies. When trying to decide where to put your time, money, and effort in terms of safety improvements, many people don’t consider forklift safety. The reality is, however, that forklift safety is one of the most important thinks that you can work on for your facility.
To start with, forklift safety is important because there are many rules and regulations that apply to using forklifts and other related machines in the workplace. If you do not take those regulations seriously, you can face serious fines and other penalties that will make it difficult for your business to succeed.
More importantly, however, is that forklift safety is critical because there are so many accidents and injuries related to forklifts. In addition, those accidents and injuries can be extremely serious or even fatal due to the fact that forklifts are heavy machinery and can cause great damage in an instant.
Finally, focusing on forklift safety makes sense because it can be so simple to make measurable improvements to the safety of your facility. Something as simple as putting policies in place to ensure all forklift operators are wearing their seatbelts can help to minimize the risk of the operator losing control of the vehicle. Adding in personal protection equipment and visual communication can also be done with minimal time or money and the improvements in safety can be dramatic.
- Why is forklift safety training important?
- How Can I Improve Forklift Safety in My Facility?
- What PPE is Required for Forklift Operators?
- Are Forklift Operators Required to Wear a Seatbelt?
- Who should be trained on forklift safety?
- Who needs a forklift certification?
- How are Forklifts Safely Operated?
- How can Visual Communication Reduce Forklift Injury or Accident?
- What are the Most common Forklift Accidents?