Personal Protective Equipment is crucial to keeping employees safe in the workplace. Because it is the employer’s responsibility to keep employees safe, employers are required to purchase and provide properly fitting PPE at no charge to workers. These items are garments designed to protect the worker from hazards and risks present in a facility. Whether your workplace handles dangerous chemicals or has hazardous equipment on site, it is important to identify areas or tasks that will require an employee to wear PPE.
Regulations and understanding different types of PPE can be confusing. Different environments have different standards and staying compliant can be tricky Below we answer some of the most commonly asked questions regarding PPE including standards, training, and how to identify when and where PPE will be necessary.
PPE Questions and Answers
- Can PPE be shared, reused, or altered?
- How do you clean lead contaminated clothes?
- How does a job hazard analysis work for PPE?
- How often should hard hats be inspected?
- How should PPE be stored?
- What PPE can protect a worker from electrocution?
- What PPE is commonly used in construction sites?
- What PPE is recommended for chemical hazards?
- What PPE is used for working over dangerous equipment and machinery?
- What are PPE requirements?
- What are different types of PPE?
- What are different types of hand protection?
- What does PPE stand for?
- What does the Z87 on safety glasses mean?
- What hazards do PPE protect from?
- What is HVSA?
- What is NRR?
- What is PPE?
- What is hearing protection?
- What is the proper way to dispose of PPE?
- What situations require PPE?
- What type of training is there for PPE?
- When is hearing protection required?
- When should ear protection be worn?
- Who regulates PPE?
- Who supplies PPE at work?
- Why is PPE considered the last resort?