Rack labeling systems can be found just about anywhere but are most commonly seen in industrial warehouses. This type of organization tactic is a cost-effective and very simple way to control inventory within a warehouse. Implementing a rack labeling system is one of the most important things a business can do to maximize their rate of efficiency.
Knowing where objects are and how many are available in a warehouse setting is incredibly important regarding efficient workflow and inventory management, and that’s exactly what a rack labeling system helps to achieve. On the other hand, without any markers notating what parts are what, the warehouse will descend into disorganization and ultimately waste money, time, space, and resources.
Rack labeling systems come in all kinds of shapes and sizes depending on what is needed within the space. With that being said, there are numerous different types of label materials that can be used for this simple yet effective continuous improvement/organization project. In fact, Creative Safety Supply has over 60 types of labels to choose from for any and all kinds of rack labeling projects. Some of those types of labels include:
- Adhesive labels
- Barcode labels
- Magnetic labels
- Heat tolerant labels
- High-visibility labels
- Totem pole rack labels
Many of these labels will include a barcode and readable letters that are used to help identify products for storing, picking, and inventory management. Specific information that can be found on a rack label includes a SKU number, the aisle, bay, level, and bin where the product can be found. Equipped with a scanner, employees have all the information they need at their fingertips to be as efficient as possible for any task.
- What are some different rack labeling strategies?
- What are the benefits of implementing a warehouse rack labeling system?
- What are the differences between rack labels, bin labels, and shelf labels?
- Why is rack labeling important?
- What supplies are needed for implementing a rack labeling system?
- What is the best system to keep track of inventory?
- What type of barcodes are used for rack labeling?
- What are the best way to label warehouse racks?
- What are bin location labels?