Tool organization can be extremely beneficial to any kind of facility. It may seem like a hassle, but it will help workplaces run more smoothly and ultimately affect the bottom line. The following are just top five reasons to keep an organized workbench, toolbox, or workspace:
- Reduce wasted time: When tools are not organized, workers can unintentionally waste time trying to locate them or wondering where they belong when it is time to return them. By tidying up the space and implementing a tool organization strategy, workers can easily find and put back tools as they work through the manufacturing process.
- Save money: Tools can get easily misplaced or lost in a disorganized workplace leading manager to purchasing unnecessary duplicates and replacements. Using the tool foam organization strategy, vinyl shadow tape, it can quickly alert workers when a tool is out of place, so it can be remedied immediately. Purchasing replacement tools for tools that simply cannot be found can end up being a huge cost to the company, and tool organization is a quick fix to the issue.
- Keep workers moving efficiently: Having tools kept in hard-to-reach areas are placed in an illogical manner can keep workers from moving around the space efficiently. A significant amount of time and energy can be saved when tools and materials are kept in the sequence used, or in places a worker can easily reach.
- Keep customers satisfied: The wasted time it can take to locate tools, or the time that is wasted as employees move around inefficiently actually impacts the production process more than you may think. It takes longer for products to be manufactured and it will take longer for items to be delivered to customers.
- Inspire employees: If a workplace looks messy and disorganized, workers are actually less likely to take ownership of maintaining the space. If employees know the home of tools and see how efficient process can be when tools are organized, they are more likely to keep the space clean and tidy.
- How can tool organization reduce waste?
- Is tool organization Lean?
- Who benefits from a new tool organization strategy?
- What is tool organization?
- What are different types of tool organization?
- How is tool organization apart of 5S?
- How can the use of colors improve tool organization?
- What are the cons of using a toolbox?
- What are the benefits of using tool foam for organization?