As businesses are opening back up and trying to move forward while managing the risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, there are many challenges that need to be overcome. One difficulty for many businesses is trying to get everyone to properly practice social distancing. In many cases, it is hard to enforce the six feet apart rule, which can put everyone at risk. Companies will have a number of options available to them based on the type of working environment they have, and other factors.
Be as Clear as Possible
Most people will typically be willing to follow social distancing guidelines as long as it is clear what is expected of them. Using tools like floor marking tape you can mark off which direction people should be walking down an aisle, for example, to ensure the flow of foot traffic is all in one direction. Removing extra chairs in a break room so that there is just one per table is another way to ensure people don’t forget about the need to stay six feet apart.
Strict Enforcement of Social Distancing
Companies can take a very strict stance on social distancing and require that everyone follow these guidelines at all times. If employees get caught coming into close contact with each other, they can be disciplined up to termination. For customers, if they don’t follow the established requirements, they can be asked to leave your establishment.
In almost all cases companies will want to take a reasonable approach where they request that everyone follow the social distancing guidelines laid out by the CDC and other agencies. If someone makes a mistake or doesn’t follow them properly, it is often going to be best to just remind them and provide instruction if they don’t know what to do. Applying social pressure on those who don’t want to follow these guidelines will help make it clear that as long as everyone is facing the risk of COVID-19, it is important to take these steps to stay safe.
- How can grocery stores encourage social distancing without disrupting the flow of traffic?
- What floor marking shapes can I use for social distancing?
- How far apart should social distancing floor markings be placed?
- Where can I use floor marking for social distancing?
- Can social distancing be practiced in gyms?
- What can grocery stores do to protect customers while social distancing?
- How does floor marking promote social distancing?
- Can social distancing be practiced in casinos?
- Why is social distancing still important?