Vinyl shadow board tape is an extremely versatile tool for organizational efforts. Vinyl shadow board tape can be used on pegboards, inside drawers of a toolbox, in a cabinet, or other places you’re utilizing tool organization. Tool outline vinyl is available in ten different colors, so you can truly customize and color-code your organization. We suggest creating your shadow board using the following simple steps:
- Lay out the roll of shadow board tape with the white backside facing up. Place the tools on top of the backing in a logical manner. It is important to leave about a one-inch clearance between each tool.
- Using a pencil, trace the shapes of the tools onto the backing. It should be noted that the tools laid out on the backing is a reverse layout of what will be on the front of the tape. Be sure to accommodate this by tracing the tool in reverse to how you want it to look.
- Next, you will want to use a utility pen knife to cut out the traced shapes.
- Finally, peel off the white backing off and stick the adhesive vinyl onto the pegboard, in the cabinet, in a drawer, or wherever the tool will be stored.
A pegboard is one of the most common areas to utilize shadow board tape. Once you have all the shapes of tools cut out, you can use them to plan your pegboard organization strategy. Before sticking them to the surface play around with different layout ideas before choosing one that is logical and work well with your facility, for example put hammers together and screwdrivers near each other. After the vinyl tape is applied to the pegboard, place the hooks above each “shadow” for tools to hang on. When an employee goes to return a tool they just used, they’ll be able to identify where it hangs on the board, and managers will be able to single out missing and misplaced tools immediately.
- What are different types of tool organization?
- How can the use of colors improve tool organization?
- How do I organize with a pegboard?
- What is tool organization?
- How do I organize using tool foam?
- How is tool foam cut?
- What tools can be organized?
- What are the cons of using a toolbox?