While all industries can benefit from floor markings, factories are where they are most commonly used. A good floor marking strategy can help to eliminate waste, increase safety, and offer a variety of other benefits as well. There are many different types of floor markings that can be used in a factory setting, and choosing the right ones for a given situation will help provide the biggest benefits. The following are some of the most common floor markings used in factories.
Floor Marking Tape
Floor marking tape is by far the most common type of floor marking in factories today. It is used in many ways including aisle marking, identifying hazard areas, color coding different areas, and much more. The tape can come in hundreds of different colors, widths, patterns, and types. It is even possible to get so it glows-in-the-dark or reflects light so that it can be seen in low-light areas. Floor marking tape is also easy to install and very long lasting, which makes it an affordable option for any business.
Floor Marking Signs
Placing signs on floors is a great way convey information to anyone in the area. Floor signs are often far more visible than those on walls and other surfaces. In addition, there are often many areas in a factory that won’t have a wall anywhere nearby for a sign to hang on. There are many types of floor signs available, and it is also possible to make custom signs based on the specific needs of the factory. The most common type of floor marking signs including those that help to direct the traffic of high-lows, forklifts, and other similar vehicles.
Floor Marking Shapes
Floor marking shapes are another popular option in factories. The shapes can be used to provide instruction, give warning, and many other things. One common shape that is used is that of a foot print. These can be applied to the floor to let people know that pedestrians are in the area, or to guide those walking through which way to go.
With so many different types of floor marking shapes it is easy to see why they are so popular in factories. This type of visual communication can be very helpful in many different ways regardless of what is being made in a given factory.
- What are common floor markings in warehouses?
- How does floor marking improve safety?
- What can reflective floor tape be used for?
- What are different types of floor marking?
- What is floor tape and what are the benefits?
- Why should I use floor marking?
- Why is floor marking important?
- What are the most durable floor markings?
- Floor Marking Training and Research
- OSHA's Floor Marking Guidelines
- Shop Industrial Floor Marking Tape
- Floor Marking for Electrical Panel Compliance
- Free Floor Tape Finder
- Floor Marking Shapes
- Floor Markings for Forklift Traffic
- Floor Marking for Factories
- Floor Marking for Fire Extinguishers
- What floor marking can I use for emergency exits and evacuation routes?
- Floor Marking for Door Opening
- Floor Marking for Facility Safety
- Floor Marking for Social Distancing
- Where can I use floor marking for social distancing?