Floor tape, commonly called industrial floor marking tape, is a special type of tape that is designed specifically to be applied to the floors, primarily in workplaces. This tape has a powerful adhesive that helps to ensure it will stick in place for years, even under harsh working conditions. Millions of companies across virtually every industry have used floor tape to help accomplish a variety of goals.
This type of tape comes in many different varieties including any color imaginable, different color patterns, tape with reflective properties, and even glow-in-the-dark tape. It can also come in a wide-range of different shapes, though a simple straight line option is the most popular.
Benefits of Floor Tape
Floor tape offers a variety of important benefits for companies to take advantage of. The fact that it is so customizable means that the benefits can vary greatly to match the specific needs of a given workplace environment. The following are some of the key benefits:
- Easy Installation – Installing floor marking tape is very simple and can be done without having to shut down a facility, or even an area. For long lines of tape it can be installed using a rolling installation tool. For shorter lines or shapes, simply placing it onto the floor and applying pressure is all that is needed.
- No Fumes – Unlike floor marking paint, the tape doesn’t have any fumes that could bother those working in the area during application.
- Customizable – Floor tape can come in any color, shape, or size. This makes it easy to be able to create an effective floor marking strategy that meets the specific needs of a company.
- Inexpensive – This type of floor marking is extremely inexpensive when compared to most other visual communication options.
- Durable – This type of tape can stand up to almost any type of work environment, including having forklifts and other heavy vehicles running over it. Properly installed floor tape can last many years without any issues.
The specific benefits of this type of floor marking will depend on how it is used in a given situation. For most companies, having the flexibility to install this tape exactly where they want it to get the desired results is going to make floor marking tape an obvious choice for improving visual communications.
- What are common floor markings in factories?
- Why should I use floor marking?
- How do I install industrial floor tape?
- Should floor markings be permanent?
- What is the difference between floor marking tape and floor paint?
- What are floor marking standards?
- What floor marking can I use for emergency exits and evacuation routes?
- What can reflective floor tape be used for?