3M™ E-A-R™ Classic™ Plus Earplugs 311-1105, Corded, Poly Bag, 2000 Pair/Case
- Classic Plus earplugs are slightly longer than regular size Classic earplugs for higher noise reduction when fit deeply in the earcanal.
- Low pressure in the ear for enhanced comfort
- Moisture-resistant—helps maintain a consistent expansion time, even in humid environments
- Bright yellow allows quick hearing protection compliance checks
- Noise reduction rating (NRR) 33 dB. CSA Class AL
- Stiff enough when compressed to make fitting easier yet soft enough to be comfortable in the ear for extended wear.
- Flame resistant—important for potential arc flash situations and for storage considerations
3M™ E-A-R™ Classic™ corded foam earplugs set the standard in hearing protection as the world's first foam earplugs. Classic™ Plus earplugs are slightly longer than regular E-A-R™ Classic™ earplugs to fit deeper into the earcanal and provide higher noise reduction.
The 3M™ E-A-R™ Classic™ Plus Earplugs are longer than regular size Classic earplugs to fit deeper into the earcanal and provide higher noise reduction. Slow recovery, low pressure foam fits snugly to create a noise barrier that helps protect hearing from high level sounds. The earplugs are both flame resistant and moisture resistant for overall ear protection. Bright yellow color allows supervisors to conduct a quick visual hearing protection compliance check. Recommended applications include chipping, chiseling, drilling, furnace operations, grinding, heavy equipment operations, machining, pouring/casting, power fastening, riveting, sanding, sawing and welding. These earplugs are commonly used in the following industries: agriculture, automotive, chemicals, construction, general manufacturing, healthcare, oil and gas, and pharmaceuticals.
These earplugs have a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 33 dB, CSA Class AL. However, research suggests that many users will receive less noise reduction than indicated by the NRR due to variation in earplug fit, earplug fitting skill, and motivation of the user. It is recommended that the NRR be reduced by 50% to better estimate typical workplace protection. These earplugs are test compatible with the 3M™ E-A-Rfit™ Validation System.
Not only is noise present in our daily routines and recreational activities, but millions of Americans work in hazardous noise on a daily basis. Estimates from the National Institutes of Health suggest that hearing loss afflicts 28 million Americans. About one third of those cases are at least partially attributable to noise. Hearing loss due to noise is almost entirely preventable by judicious use of hearing protection.